Monday, July 23, 2012

What I have learnt...

  1. As described by National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, mathematical power "includes the ability to explore, conjecture, and reason logically; to solve routine problems; to communicate about and through mathematics; and to construct ideas within mathematics and between other intellectual activity." Mathematical power also involves "the development of personal self confidence and a disposition to seek, evaluate, and use quantitative and spatial information in solving problems and in making decisions. Students' flexibility, perseverance, interest, curiosity, and intuitiveness also effect the realization of mathematical power.
  2. When learning mathematics I need to "get my hands dirty" by trying my best to get the problem fix. I should not give up easily and keep going till I succeed. After taking this module I realised that there are many kind of ways I can do to solve mathematics problems.
  3. Children need to acquire good language to understand math problems therefore in order for children to understand math they need to be good in their language too. If they are not strong in their language then they will have difficulties in understanding the problems and they don't even know what they should do to solve the problems.  
  4. Math is fun when it is being use in games and involved concrete materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment